The Remains of the Northern Part of the Oldest Sanctuary
These are the most obvious remains of the oldest sanctuary. It was part of a structure for the eastern end of the church which appears to have originally consisted of a nave and two side aisles, before it was decided to construct a larger building. It is preserved only in the external masonry and is immediately adjacent to the area of the former monastery cemetery to the east of the church. The main church building later used the whole of its southern wall. To the west it ends in a massive wall, preserved to a height of 100-190 cm and a thickness of about 220 cm. This is the remnant of the famous northern tower of the church, demolished in 1434.